-->

Review: Crash into You (Pushing the Limits #3) by Katie McGarry

I was so excited it go to read this. It has been on my TBR pile since Dare You To came out and the wait was definitely worth it.
From acclaimed author Katie McGarry comes an explosive new tale of a good girl with a reckless streak, a street-smart guy with nothing to lose, and a romance forged in the fast lane.

The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind.

Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look.

But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.

Review:

To say I loved it, is putting it mildly. I absolutely freaking adore it, it is total awesomeness, smashingly amazing and I need way more adjectives to describe how it good it just was! I mean I really liked the previous books, but this is one is just more.

After Beth broke Isaiah's heart, he's ready to focus on new things like graduating and getting a job that pays well. Like Noah promised, they are currently living together, while Echo is staying at the dorms at college. Since Isaiah is no longer living with his foster parents, he has to come up with money to pay the rent and lately business has been slow at the garage. Feeling the desperation Isaiah is going to do the one thing he has promised he would never do, street race. Which means having to make a deal with Eric.

Now what he didn't expect was running into this straight-laced princess from the other side of town. Rachel is so out of place and everyone knows it. Strangely Isaiah feels protective over her, but with everyone watching there is nothing he can do. Then something happens (can't spoil it) and somehow they end up saving each other.

There is one thing about Isaiah and that is he owes nobody nothing. So when this princess or as he calls her, angel, does the unthinkable and helps him, she becomes a debt he has to repay. Forced together through circumstances, they will need to rely even more on each other if they want to make it out alive.

When they first meet they are just drawn together. They are pretty much opposites on every level. Rachel is so naive and sheltered. She has these awful panic attacks, which stem of the fear of getting too much attention. This can either be from a crowd or one person. The terror she sometimes goes through is not rational and is frightening just reading about it.

So the perfect princess isn't as perfect as she seems. She might even be more screwed up in the head than Isaiah. I mean the guy's got issues, but this girl might trump them all. I really like that contradiction. Also because she was so sheltered, she gets excited really fast. Like holding a guy's hand and she's pretty much freaking out and grinning like crazy. I get why that innocence is so attractive for Isaiah.

Isaiah, you have got to love the guy. When it comes to it, there is really no bad bone in his body. Don't get me wrong, the guy will protect what is his and when he makes a promise he will do whatever is necessary. Still in this story you get to see another side of him that wasn't really obvious in the previous books, as it took me by surprise. He really is a man of his word.

Ever since Isaiah and Rachel have been thrown together, there is this connection. Isaiah is afraid of it, because he believes Rachel is so pure and good. Still everyone knows that denying attraction is just putting out the inevitable. There wasn't that much steamy scenes like in the other books, but that just made the moments in Crash Into You so much more intimate and sweeter.

It's not easy whatever is going on between them. This time Isaiah is not really the one that needs help, but Rachel does. They both have a bit of a stubborn streak going on and once in a while that clashes big. Mostly the part where Isaiah is used to taking care of everything and now that includes Rachel as well. While Rachel is getting to that point of wanting to break out of this bubble around her.

Great balance between the drama, action, tender moments and real life. That is one of the things I love the most, how realistic everything is. From the characters to the settings to the story line, everything is well thought out and written. Isaiah and Rachel really took me by surprise in this book. They are honestly my favourite couple in the series so far. I will definitely be recommending this book and re-reading it a couple of times. Did I say how much I liked Isaiah already?


I have highlighted half this book, so I thought to share a couple of quotes with you.

Rachel
"I hate this illness. I hate it in the way that it makes my blood run cold and my muscles heavy with rage."

"I know that when I'm with you I like who I am, and that's never happened to me before."

"Isaiah is hot and scary and hot."

"What would I do if he kissed me? Go into shock? Have multiple seizures? Jump up and down?"
Isaiah
"My goal in life is to be free of everyone."

"God does exist and he sent me an angel in a white Mustang to prove it."

"My eyes dart around her face hoping to see some sort of sign that what I said mattered. That I matter."

"I'm protecting her because that's what you do when you love someone. It's what I always wanted someone to do for me."

Connect with Katie McGarry:



Total Book Geek
 

No comments:

Post a Comment