-->

Music Monday (Mar. 24)

Music Monday is a weekly book meme. Everyone can join in, you just have to do the following:
  • Choose a book or a scene from a book.
  • Choose a song that fits said book or scene.
  • Tell us why you paired them together.
  • Don't forget to share the title and author.
  • Be careful not to include spoilers!

Abbi Glines wrote the lyrics of this song herself and it is also in the book, so it couldn't be more fitting than that I think. Eva wrote this song right after everything goes sour between her and Cage in Sometimes It Lasts. Like I said in my review, I get where Eva is coming from and these lyrics translate her feelings perfectly, I still think she should have trusted Cage more. She talks about the first time they've met, up until he broke her heart.

The thing is I love this song on its own, the lyrics, the voice and the melody. On the other hand I don't like it, because in it Eva twists all the good things to something bad. It feels like she wrote this in the heat of the moment and she will regret it later saying/singing those words when everything is back okay.

If you don't have a blog and want to participate just share your links to the book and song in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment