-->

Review: Lead (Stage Dive #3) by Kylie Scott


The lead singer of Stage Dive, Jimmy is used to getting whatever he wants, whenever he wants it whether it's booze or women. However, when a PR disaster serves as a wake-up call about his life and lands him in rehab, he finds himself stuck with a new assistant hired by the record company to keep him out of trouble. He doesn't need or want a babysitter. Especially one that looks like Lena.

Lena's not willing to take any shit from the sexy rocker she's been hired to assist and is determined to keep their relationship completely professional, despite the sizzling chemistry that sparks between them every time they're in the same room. But when Jimmy pushes her too far and Lena leaves, he realizes that he may just have lost the best thing to ever happen to him. Readers won't want to miss the third book in this New Adult series about ordinary young women who fall in love with rock stars.


To say this was one of my most anticipated releases of this year, is putting it mildly. Thanks to Lick and Play, this series is one of my must reads and Lead only confirmed it even further. Other women might have gone crazy over Jimmy, but Mal holds my heart. Still to me Jimmy was always more in the background, despite being the frontman and I never paid really much attention to him. So I had no idea what to expect about, though knowing it's Kylie Scott I knew it would be awesome and it is!

I don't want to say too much about the plot, because a lot of unexpected things happen and I want to keep it a surprise for you. It's way more fun to go in almost blind, that just makes it more fun. As usual we get amazing characters, hilarious spats and smoldering scenes.

What I like most about this series is how unique each character's' voice is. Their personalities are so different, you don't get that feeling of reading the same story again and again, which often happens in series. It's not just that, it's also their looks and their struggles. Each time we get to read something new. That all makes it so refreshing and I tried to savor it, but I just can not pace myself.

Jimmy was definitely not the most likeable character out there. He reminded me a bit of a porcupine, every time you get too close his spines would go up. The guy isn't easy to love and he actually puts in effort to make people not like him. Which is a bit sad of course, though he does try to do the right thing once in a while. It's clear he's not much of a people person and it seems he's not used to certain common manners. He is hot, though that's certainly no excuse. To me it seemed that Jimmy wasn't really happy with himself and therefore had trouble believing that anybody who really knew him, couldn't possibly love him. More in the fact that he didn't believe he could return such love.

Lena is kickass. Talk about a strong female character. This girl has a mind of her own and isn't afraid to speak her mind. Getting a job a sober companion might not have been what she had in mind, but she makes the best of it. Though living so closely with a rockstar, who has an attitude problem, definitely isn't the easiest. I really liked how they would often butt heads, Jimmy can definitely bring out the worst in people. Though it's not just that. Spending so much time with him, has her seeing this other side of him. Lena knows she shouldn't, her heart has been broken enough, but there is no arguing with love.

There were times when I had trouble coming to terms with what Jimmy did or said, though I liked that Lena wasn't that easy in her forgiving. Jimmy had to work for it and I loved it. Mr. Bigshot had to learn the art of begging and it was awesome. Honestly I'm so in love with this entire series and all these characters. I do not quite comprehend how someone can come up with all of this, but Kylie Scott is total awesomesauce.



Stage Dive - Reading order and purchase links
All books can be read as standalone novels, but trust me when I say you will want to read them all ;)

  


  

DeepKindle (Dec. 23)


The Author
Kylie is a long time fan of erotic love stories and B-grade horror films. She demands a happy ending and if blood and carnage occur along the way then all the better. Based in Queensland, Australia with her two children and one delightful husband, she reads, writes and never dithers around on the internet.

Connect with Kylie Scott:

No comments:

Post a Comment